Home > About Us > Mission, Vision, and Values
Mission, Values, & Vision
Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research (PRIM&R) advances the highest ethical standards in the conduct of biomedical and social science/behavioral research. We accomplish this mission through education, membership services, professional certification, and public policy initiatives.
The core values listed below capture the essence of what PRIM&R stands for, and define PRIM&R as an organization both internally and externally. We believe that “values” replace “rules” in the life of an organization, and that they exemplify what actions and behaviors the organization is trying to model, as well as those that it hopes its members and target audiences will embrace. Core values are an “internal code,” and they encompass the key features of the organizational “personality.” These values make explicit that which is implicit.
- Excellence – We strive to be capable and effective at what we do, and we maintain a commitment to excellence in all that we do.
- Community – We recognize the connectedness and inter-reliance of all people; the value of teamwork and cooperation; and the importance of finding common ground in our interactions with one another.
- Diversity – We value and promote the diversity of people, ideas, and opinions.
- Integrity – We work to ensure that our practices are always aligned with our beliefs and that we are honest in our actions and in our words.
- Knowledge – We seek understanding and intellectual stimulation through high-quality education.
- Respect – We show consideration and courtesy towards all people and their perspectives.
- Social Responsibility – We strive to be a good organizational citizen by maintaining awareness of social problems and global challenges and by doing our part to ameliorate them.
- Creativity – We encourage the development of innovative ideas, strategies, and programming.
PRIM&R will be in the forefront of educating and engaging the public and the research community; will serve as a global resource on research ethics; will influence public policy; and will play a central role in promoting dialogue and debate. We envision increased appreciation and application of ethical practices in the conduct of biomedical, social science, behavioral, and educational research.
Please contact us via email or telephone at 617.423.4112, ext. 0. Thank you!