Home > Certification
PRIM&R furthers education in the ethical conduct of human and animal research through two certification programs: Certified Institutional Review Board (IRB) Professional (CIP®) and Certified Professional Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) Administrator (CPIA). These two programs improve the quality of human research protection programs (HRPPs) and animal care and use programs by promoting ethical practices and advanced knowledge of regulations.
Certification programs such as CIP® and CPIA…
- Promote the ethical conduct of research by strengthening the professional administration of IRBs/HRPPs/IACUCs.
- Validate an individual’s professional experience and mastery of the body of knowledge determined by national experts to be essential to competent IRB/HRPP/IACUC administrative practices.
- Demonstrate the credential holder’s high level of dedication to his/her profession.
- Encourage personal growth and professional development.
- Provide expanded career advancement opportunities.
- Strengthen the respective professions by providing an established body of relevant knowledge and national standards of practice.
The CIP® and CPIA credentials signal to research institutions, the public, and members of human and animal research professions that certified individuals are highly qualified to discharge their duties pursuant to United States rules and regulations, prevailing ethical codes, and administrative “best practices.” As the CIP® program has gained visibility, the number of job advertisements asking for the certification has grown. Some employers even require successful applicants to complete the certification process within a specified timeframe. As the CPIA program grows, we expect to see a similar response to this credential.
Learn more about CIP®.
Learn more about CPIA.
Please contact us via email or telephone at 617.423.4112, ext. 0. Thank you!