Home > Education > At Your Doorstep
Institutional Review Board (IRB) 101sm
Taught by seasoned HRPP/IRB professionals and highly respected leaders in the field, PRIM&R’s IRB 101sm uses an established and continuously updated curriculum. Participating institutions can customize IRB 101 by selecting case studies that address their institution’s specific learning objectives and research needs.
This course covers the ethics, history, and federal regulations related to the conduct of research involving human subjects. Through a series of lectures, interactive discussions, and case studies, attendees will learn:
- How the federally mandated IRB system developed within the United States;
- The ethical principles underlying the federal regulations governing human subjects research;
- The key components of the regulations that govern IRB operations and research activities;
- The procedures for reviewing research involving human subjects; and
To learn more about IRB 101, please view a sample agenda.
Here’s what participants have said about IRB 101sm:
- “Everyone in the field should take this course at least once a year.”
- “IRB 101 serves as a reminder of the ethical principles that we have been appointed to exercise and enforce.”
- “This is a complex subject that requires discussion on a regular basis, preferably with an outside expert. Great presentation!”
- “This program was amazing. The program answered many of my questions and provided contact information for additional follow-up.”
- “Very eloquent, concise yet comprehensive treatment. Excellent targeted case. Engaging speaker.”
Schedule a Program
To schedule IRB 101sm at your institution, please complete the institutional survey.
The completed form should be submitted to Alysa Perry, program coordinator, via fax (617.423.1185) or email. Please contact Alysa at 617.423.4112, ext. 131, with any questions you might have regarding hosting an At Your Doorstep program.
Please contact us via email or telephone at 617.423.4112, ext. 131. Thank you!