Home > Conferences
On September 10-11, 2012, PRIM&R offered Institutional Review Board (IRB) Administrator 101. This 1.5-day program took place at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMNTC), in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN.
IRB Administrator 101
Monday, September 10, 8:30 AM-4:00 PM
Tuesday, September 11, 8:30 AM-12:30 PM
IRB Administrator 101 is a 1.5-day program, specifically geared toward both new administrators, those in need of a refresher, and anyone interested in learning more about IRB operations. Two highly experienced faculty will:
- Identify the key components of human research protection programs (HRPPs);
- Examine the primary responsibilities of administrators; and
- Develop strategies and policies that will strengthen an institution’s HRPP.
The faculty will also highlight key administrator tasks such as:
- Advising principal investigators, research staff, IRB chairs and members, and institutional officials;
- Managing protocol review;
- Recordkeeping and reporting;
- Handling allegations and complaints;
- Developing policies and procedures;
- Managing staff and infrastructural needs;
- Serving liaison functions;
- Providing/overseeing education;
- Conducting quality improvement or assurance reviews; and
- Coordinating off-site administrative agreements.
Learn more by viewing the agenda for IRB Administrator 101.
- Elizabeth Bankert, MA
- Ada Sue Selwitz, MA
Please contact us via email or telephone at 617.423.4112, ext. 131. Thank you!